Effective Date: May 21, 2018
Thanks for visiting Greystone GT. Greystone GT (“Greystone GT”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and we have set out here what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
2. Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information about you including the following:
- Information you provide when you register your interest in Greystone GT, specifically email address, first name, last name, telephone number, which car you own, and any additional comments you make during registration (such as circuits or events of interest).
- Information you provide when you make an event booking, specifically email address, first name, last name, telephone number, which car you own, car registration number and any additional comments you make during registration (such as requirement for hotel rooms or instructor bookings).
- Your marketing preferences.
- Information from your use of our website. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our site, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the site (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- Other information you submit to us directly.
3. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in two main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering online, making a booking online, or in person).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our site.
We’ve described this in more detail below.
a. Personal information you provide
When you register or book with us, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address to register and manage our contact with you. We also maintain your marketing preferences and the emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries. You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form or participating in contests or similar promotions.
Sometimes we require you to provide us with information for contractual or legal reasons. For example, we may ask you to select your jurisdiction when you make a booking to determine if, and how much, tax we need to collect from you. We’ll normally let you know when information is required, and the consequences of failing to provide it. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our services if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
b. Personal information obtained from your use of our website
When you use our website, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the website, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices.
4. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision of our services.
- Communicating with you.
- Promotion. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Greystone GT and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your preferences or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Advertising. Analyse your interactions with us so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you. For example, we may decide not to advertise an event to you on a social media site if you already have signed up for that event or we may choose to serve you a particular advertisement based on your current bookings or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Third party relationships. We might contact you regarding relevant partner promotions.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests. We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your make and model of car so that we can confirm compliance with our event rules.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To operate the Greystone GT business and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To provide and improve our services, including any personalised services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our clients on a sustained basis.
- Others’ legitimate interests. Where necessary for the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering tailored advertising to you and monitoring and measuring its effectiveness.
5. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We share personal information with our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyze and improve the services we or they provide.
- Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners. For example, we may share your personal information when our services are integrated with their services, but only when you have been informed or would otherwise expect such sharing.
- Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide vehicle rental or on-track insurance for our clients.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests (such as enforcing our Terms & Conditions) or prevent fraud.
- Business transfers. If we're involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
6. Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your personal information) by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by contacting us to let us know or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal Information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
7. How we protect your personal information
While no service is completely secure, we take steps to ensure your personal information is kept safe.
8. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, and other relevant criteria.
As clients may only participate in occasional events, we don’t immediately delete your personal information after the most recent event that has been booked. Instead, we keep your personal information for a reasonable period of time, so it will be there for you if you come back.
Please note that in the course of providing our services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or de-personalized information which we may retain indefinitely.
10. How to contact us